Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Foolishness of Fool

There are fools
Addicted to foolishness
Dramatic situations
Snorting lies like white powder
Chasing the next high.

They leave damage in their wake
Smashing acceptance like hurricanes
With no concern
For the cleanup.

I bear their scars
In every tear line
Staining my cheeks.

I am buried under the heaviness
Breathing in the emptiness
Of their dismissive carelessness.

It is the season of sadness.
They wring smiles from the innocents,
And I watch girls cry blood tears
As their hearts die.

Shut down
Mode block and protect
Build a poison moat
Around my decadence
So when they try to taste
Their predatory intent
Will waste away slowly.

I soak in more than mouths reveal;
The thoughts concealed,
And I become celibacy
As intimacy evolves into absence.

I left my wings in the sand.
They are buried under child castles
Waiting for the tide
To take them to the deep
As I weep, weep
For what can never be.

You don't know the whole of this,
Don't pause to see,
Or listen to the words I speak,
Too busy wearing the crown of "Me"
Because nothing exists
Outside your self-centered need,
Gathering, discarding,
No emotion
Towards the souls you are harming.

Solitude is my safe place
Away from the arms I crave,
Not present when the eyes boil over.

I clutch thrift store pillows
With psychedelic flowers
And await the witching hour
Where other kin understand of
The sadistic carelessness of humans.

v.k

copyright @ dbv publishing 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment