Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How To Safely Jump Off A Runaway Train

If I start to break down the 20 plus years I've been an adult, it feels like the runaway train ride a person could ever take.  It loops and spins, jerks up and shoots down with mass force a thousand and one times! There are too many moments I didn't think I'd survive.  I've been to streets I shouldn't have been traipsing on, fought fights I shouldn't have been fighting and made a lot of choices as an adult that sent me reeling into out of route directions lasting longer than they should have.  

So how'd I get off that runaway train? 

I didn't learn the safe way off the first time.  Oh no, I learned it by thinking I had the safe way off the ride, crawling out of the train car, almost being sucked under the wheels, then climbing back in to re-evaluate my next option. My biggest lesson?  To listen to my intuition.  When it said "time to leap" I had to go without fear and do it. 

I've received so many experiences which have taught me about myself. I have learned to be an active listener, to be present in the moment, to always embrace gratitude as the first option in everything.  This doesn't mean that we always succeed at it.  It means we actively continue to try, to perfect or skill and to become better at being present and mindful.  

I have many mantras that I love, but if I had to choose one favorite, I would leave you with this one: 

"I let go of that which has served its purpose and accept the new without fear." 

Here's to releasing chaos and accepting peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment